Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tagana-an: Agoho Island


May 31, 2012

I may have lived in Tagana-an, more than half of my life, but I never heard of Agoho Island before. At dahil bago ang aming snorkeling gears at hindi pa namin masyadong naenjoy gamitin, I didn’t think twice when our pastor, Pastor Nat invited us for another swimming outing.

And J? He was suppose to go back to Cabadbaran after Mapaso hot spring, but just the thought of swimming and snorkeling in an island rich with corals, made him inform his mom that he can’t go home that day. Haha.

We took one of our church member’s boat and head off to the island.



Agoho Island is a 20-30 minute ride from the town port. It’s an uninhabited island so you can’t expect it to be well maintained. It has one dilapidated cottage that you can take shelter on, at least, against the heartless sunshine.



My words won’t suffice how beautiful the creatures under the waters of Agoho Island, kung sana may underwater camera kami, may ebidensya sana  ako… I can let this one pass, this is my hometown anyway, I can still come back here, maybe next summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment